Step 1: VoIP Phone Initialization
After the phone is correctly installed and powered on, the phone will start up and display the following display:
- Phone initialization
The red breathing light is always on and the two green account soft keys are always on, and the LCD screen displays “initializing”.
- Get network (the phone’s initial network is automatically obtained by DHCP)
After the phone is successfully turned on, the phone will automatically obtain the assigned IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS server, and other network configurations. If the network cable is connected after the phone is turned on, the LCD screen will display the prompt of network acquisition.
Step 2: IP Phone standby interface
The display interface after the phone starts normally is as follows:
The phone standby interface can display the phone’s time, date, phone status (Do Not Disturb, Auto Answer), account registration status, extension number, label, and the labels of the four soft keys at the bottom of the LCD screen. Please refer to the display icon composition for the description of the icons on the standby interface.
Step 3: Check the IP telephony status
The IP phone status contains the following information:
- Network information
IP mode、IPv4 / IPv6 address、subnet mask、default gateway、DNS server
- Account status
SIP account registration information
- Device information
Firmware version、product name、hardware version、MAC address、Product ID
You can check the IP phone status in the following ways:
– VoIP phone Interface
1. Press OK button or press soft key Menu->Status to check
2 . Press ▲ or ▼ to select, Enter “More…” to view more detailed status
– Computer browser interface to view
- Open the browser.
- Enter the IP address of the phone (IPv4 /IPv6),192.168.0.103.
- Enter the phone login page, and enter the account and password to log in, the initial account and Password is (admin/admin)
Note: When entering an IPv6 address, you must add brackets before and after the address, such as[fe80::daec:a3ff:fe43:ad34], otherwise, the IP phone webpage cannot be accessed through the IPv6 address, and not all servers support IPv6, Please consult your Network administrator before use.
Setup 3: Set up an IP Phone network
T780 can set three network modes: IPv4、IPv6、IPv4 &IPv6.
Set the network mode through the phone interface
- Press Menu -> Settings -> Advanced Settings (password: admin) -> Network ->WAN port
- Press the Switch soft key or ◀ and ▶ to select the desired mode in the IP mode(IPv4、IPv6、IPv4 &IPv6).
- If it is IPv4&IPv6 mode, you can configure the mode priority. Press ▲ or ▼ to select the mode priority, press the Switch soft key to switch. (IPV4 or IPV6).
- After selecting the mode, press the Save soft key to save
T780 phone can set the static IP address.
Set static IP via phone interface
- Press Menu -> Settings -> Advanced Settings (password: admin) -> Network -> WAN port.
- Press ▲ or ▼ select IPV4 or IPV6. Press the Enter soft key to enter the detailed settings.
- Press ▲ or ▼ select Static IPv4 client
IPv4 needs to fill in the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS.
IPv6 needs to fill in the IP address, IPv6 IP prefix, default gateway, primary DNS, and secondary DNS.
4. After filling in, press the Save soft key to save the configuration or the Back soft key to cancel the setting
– Set static IP via a web browser
- Log in to the phone page by IP address.
- Click Network(N)->Basic(b)->WAN interface ,select IPV4 or IPV6.
- Fill in the static IP address according to the selected WAN interface mode:
- IPv4 needs to fill in the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, primary DNS and secondary DNS.
- IPv6 needs to fill in the IP address, IPv6 prefix, default gateway, primary DNS and secondary DNS.
4. Click the Confirm button to save the configuration.
Note: Wrong IP configuration may cause the VoIP phone to fail to access the web interface, Please make sure that the IP address is not the same as the IP in the LAN before configuration. If you need help. please contact your network administrator.