1.What is VoIP phone service and how does it work?
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is an IP-based voice calling technology that enables voice calls and multimedia conferencing over the Internet via the Internet Protocol (IP). Other informal names include IP telephony, Internet telephony, broadband telephony, and broadband. IP is an abbreviation for Internet Protocol.
- VoIP can be used for many Internet access devices including VoIP phones, smartphones, and personal computers to make calls and send text messages over cellular networks and Wi-Fi.
- How it works: VoIP ( voice over IP )works by sending voice data as : packets through a public telephone exchange, using the voice over Internet Protocol (IP). -The telephone system is built from “gateways” that connect to multiple service providers via broadband links, allowing communication between them. In some areas where the Internet does not yet extend to, or where gateways are not temporarily in place, routing can be set up to allow communication services to be routed through the long-distance telephone network by the nearest gateway.
2.How does voice telephony work?
Your phone will be connected to a switch or router in your local area network (LAN).
- In a local area network, there is a server hosting the VoIP protocol and an IP address. This server provides information about how users connect to other users on the Internet and, in turn, it receives incoming call requests from other VoIP users. This server also provides information about how users connect and make outgoing calls and messages to other VoIP users.Your phone will be connected to a switch or router in your local area network (LAN). Managing VoIP on Your Internal Network In addition to making sure your internet service can handle your VoIP traffic, you also need to make sure your local area network (LAN) can handle it.
- When you dial a phone number, your IP phone tells your VoIP service provider to call the other party.
- IP addresses are then assigned to both parties for use in making the connection. Once connected, the VoIP service provider looks at the Internet Protocol (IP) packets and determines which packets will go to which destination in which direction.
- The VoIP service will establish the call and exchange packets from your IP phone to your destination.
- VoIP phones convert these digital signals back to sound that you can hear.
3.Why I should get VoIP phone service
1) Internet Features and Free
- An important advantage of VoIP is that it is possible to make or receive calls wherever there is Internet access. Even if the phone does not cover remote and isolated areas like the Internet, all standard features are free – be it three-way conferencing, call forwarding with automatic features, automatic redial function and call identification. Of course it’s also possible to access chat software for outbound VoIP calls, which are even cheaper. VoIP providers always allow unlimited outbound and inbound calls, including international calls. For people who make frequent overseas calls, this means incredible cost savings.
2) Flexible call management
- VoIP services allow your business to hold important meetings from anywhere without losing the opportunity to select important calls. This relieves many companies of the burden they bear when their voicemail system is filled with unanswered messages. Your VoIP phone connection gives you the flexibility to choose how and where you receive your calls. For example, if you can’t take a call in the office, you can take a call on your laptop or cell phone. Notably, VoIP supports unified messaging with integrated email, voicemail, IM and standard calendaring. If you use popular instant messengers, then consider using VoIP (via the voice call feature). In addition, VoIP can be integrated with all Internet-based applications and services – such as shared files, video/audio conferencing and other similar services.
- Reducing the cost per call is a major consideration for any business when choosing VoIP technology. The technology is typically not regulated by the same tariffs as other systems such as landlines and GSM. As a result, providers pay less for the service than they would for providing a traditional phone system. In addition, traditional phone systems always involve paying interconnection fees. Since these costs are not part of a VoIP system, your business can enjoy lower monthly phone costs.
4) Enhanced Mobility
- Many small business employees need to travel to take advantage of national business opportunities. When you use VoIP phones in your business, you can break the limitations of traditional landline systems. You have the freedom to move your business office to another location without the hassle of purchasing new phone lines. This is a major advantage for businesses that need to move frequently to take advantage of new business opportunities.
5) Rich API interface and data integration
- VoIP phones use the Internet to make or receive calls. This allows your business to integrate with other types of communication applications. For example, when a previous customer calls your company to make a new order, the caller will be identified by the phone’s caller ID. Your company can then easily view customer information, such as contact addresses and other important details of previous orders. Customer relationship management becomes better when all this information is displayed on the screen when the customer is online.
6）Shared across geographies
- The VoIP phone system can be networked in multiple places, for example, after the system in Beijing and the United States is networked, the extensions in Beijing and the United States call each other for free.
- Conference calls can be conducted more easily with a VOIP phone system because the system uses a converged data network. Unlike traditional telephone networks that require additional service charges for conference calls, its VoIP network can easily handle multiple callers. You do not need to pay extra for this service. In addition, VoIP services enhance video conferencing. This is a major advantage for companies that need to connect many remote office workers for meetings on a regular basis.
- The IP phone system is easy to configure, or to operate and manage, and can be maintained with a little knowledge of networking. With the development of VoIP communication technology and Internet technology, today’s IP phone has entered the era of fully intelligent devices, hopeiker IP phone, built-in 5G Wi-Fi, built-in Bluetooth, support content sharing, using Android system, and operate smartphone
- IP phone system does not need to be wired like a traditional telephone exchange, it is convenient to plug the IP phone directly into the network cable. You can register your softphone on your computer or cell phone, which means you can use the company’s VOIP phone system to make calls even when you are not in the company.
4.How to build your own VOIP systems with VoIP phone service
Getting VoIP service is easy because there are a variety of carriers, both large and small. If you are just looking for a virtual number for your business, you can get one for free through the Voice Platform.
Can I get free VoIP phone service?
First, you need to have a fiber optic port, WAN port, and LAN2 port, IPPBX, VoIP phone, and PC.
- Fiber optic port of IAD gateway device to connect to VoIP Service ProvidersE1 and PSTN line.
- WAN port of the IMS9000 device Access to the corporate LAN or Internet through a network cable.
- LAN2 port of IMS9000 device Connects to PC via network cable to log into the device for preliminary commissioning
1) External line access.
The equipment supports access to carrier E1 and PSTN analog telephone lines, smoothly transitioning to the voice network of VoIP service providers, and realizing the inbound and outbound calls of users between enterprises.
2) Internal access.
Built with IMS9000 system as the core equipment, the internal use of standard SIP protocols, can achieve docking can achieve seamless docking IAD gateway equipment, IP phones, video terminals and other terminal equipment, flexible expansion of SIP users, high concurrency, belonging to the VoIP provider equipment level.
VoIP services can also be obtained free of charge using popular communication chat and other applications. For multiple lines and more specialized integration, there are affordable options.
5.What is the necessary equipment for a new VoIP system and how much does it cost?
Conventional devices such as computers, sound cards, and modems have been omitted below.
ATA（Analog phone adapter）
- ATA is often referred to as a telephone adapter. It is an important device used as a hardware interface between analog PSTN phone systems and digital VoIP lines. If you use PC-to-PC VoIP, you do not need an ATA, but if you sign up for monthly VoIP service to deploy at home or in the office and you intend to use your existing VoIP, you can use a phone.
- The telephone is critical to VoIP because it forms the interface between you and the service. It acts as both an input and output device. There are several types of telephones that can be used with VoIP, depending on the situation, needs and options.
- Simply put, a router is a device that connects to the Internet (network router). It is also commonly referred to as a gateway, although technically a router and a gateway are not the same thing. New devices encapsulate many functions, and one device can do the work of many devices independently. In practice, a gateway can do the work of a router, but is able to coordinate two networks that handle different protocols.
- If you have an ADSL broadband connection in your home or business network, you need to have an ADSL router; if you have a wireless Internet connection, you need a wireless router. Note that most people are turning to wireless routers because these also include support for wired networks: they have cable ports that can be plugged into network cables and devices. A wireless router is a better investment.
- Handsets are similar to telephones, but they connect to your computer via USB or sound card. They work with softphones, allowing you to use VoIP more comfortably. they can also be plugged into IP phones to allow multiple users to use the same phone
- PC headphones are a very common multimedia device that allows you to hear sound through your computer and input sound using a microphone.
We have a VoIP apps supporty your computer and mobile
5.How to set up your home office for best results when using the new VOIP system
Before you decide how to set up a VoIP phone service for your business or home office, there are still some important factors to consider
Internet speed, quality and reliability
- Before setting up your VoIP system, you should take the time to determine the quality of your Internet. You can test your Internet speed or contact your service provider and ask questions about the quality and reliability in your area. The device itself may also affect the speed and reliability of your online connection. Since VoIP requires stable, quality Internet, you want to make sure your phone system can accommodate the transition.
If you are planning to purchase IP phones or other hardware
- A VoIP system setup can be similar to a traditional landline phone, except that an Ethernet cable replaces the phone line. That is, it is also possible to use VoIP without using a phone or having to purchase a phone, headset or other hardware.
6.Tips on how to successfully use the new VOIP systems in a home office environment
This article describes three key scenarios for VOIP solutions.The implementation of a PBX-IP media gateway in different scenarios is described in detail below. An address translator, already described earlier, may be required to handle call routing, but for simplicity, the address translation device is not shown in the diagram of the following scenario.
- SIP is the most widely used VoIP protocol and is a feature of many VoIP applications. SIP can be defined as an interactive user protocol developed by the IETF’s MMUSIC working group and applied to standard initialization modifications and termination of multimedia components such as video, voice real-time messaging, online gaming and virtual reality.
Scenario 1 – Mimicking a digital landline device connected to a digital PBX. This model uses H.323 or SIP protocols to interact with H.323 or SIP devices, such as IP phones or softphones, in the based an IP network.
- PSTN— Public switched telephone network – a collection of world public lines – switched telephone network, like the Internet, is a collection of world public IP telephony packet transmission
Scenario 2 – Connecting a remote office to the head office PBX system via a packet-switched network. Basically, the gateway extends digital telephony functionality to the remote office.
- ISDN – Integrated Services Digital Network – A type of VoIP switching line system that transmits digital (as opposed to analog) voice and data over ordinary telephone copper lines for better call quality and smoother transmission speeds than analog systems.
Scenario 3 – Drive a private digital telephone seat through an IP device, such as an IP-PBX or IP server.
VoIP phone setup.
A complete system should include five parts.
1. The main function of the server is to receive and collect, organize, process and store all kinds of data and information, which is a very important component. The specific configuration required depends on your own needs.
2. There are two gateways. The gateway converts the voice of the call into a transmittable digital signal to the server, and then converts the digital signal into an analog signal through the relay gateway, and then sends it to the client to complete the voice transmission.
3、Softswitch is a system installed on the server. It mainly handles incoming and outgoing calls and directs them to the correct line according to different area codes and number segments. Open source VoIP phone.
4、The main functions of the management background include user consumption data statistics, consumption records, recharge records, invitation records, per minute charges, etc. Some detailed data are calculated by the management background management. And finally presented in the form of data.
5, the client is our usual download VoIP APP. this is essential. At present, the interface needs to be beautifully set, the good operating experience can be adapted to Android, Apple, and other cell phone systems. your business communications with your computer or mobile device from any location.
The future market prospect of VOIP network phone
- The U.S. decision to position VoIP as an “information service” that is not subject to traditional telecommunications regulations has cleared policy barriers to VoIP business development.
- The UK has integrated VoIP into the existing telecommunications management system for management
- According to statistics, the number of VoIP subscribers in Japan has increased from 3.1 million in 2003 to 10.3 million at the end of March 2005. This compares with more than 60 million traditional fixed-line subscribers. Japan launched VoIP service for cell phones in 2007.
- Singapore has expanded its original provision of only 35 operators offering IP telephony services to more than 600 to drive the growth of IP telephony business.
- The European market is hot, ranking first is France with 2.2 million users using VoIP. Followed by the UK, Sweden and other countries such as Australia, Canada, Korea and other countries are developing rapidly, VoIP has become a global hot spot.
- Authoritative market research firms report that VoIP will account for 75 percent of all calls by 2008. Statistics show that there are already more than 250 commercial NGNs in the world, and by the end of 2002,A number of brand companies have conducted commercial or experimental softswitch networks based on softswitch equipment.
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) business is expanding at a very fast pace, with 1,100 well-known providers of VoIP telephony worldwide
We at Hope-Iker Corporation, a global provider of Unified Communications solutions We offer everything from VoIP hardware and VoIP services to support and phone configuration. Since 2010, VoIP Supply has provided unparalleled service and expertise to customers worldwide.